this is a congregation of all things yummy. what i've made, eaten today, drooled over, or recipes I want to try. photos and recipes are not mine unless specified.
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
For the chicken:
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (Frank’s)
For the wraps:
- 6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticks
- In a crock pot, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn’t enough). Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes. Makes 3 cups chicken.
- To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice. Wrap up and start eating!
Size: 1/2 cup chicken + veggies
Fat: 0.1 g
Carb: 5.2 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 24.9 g
Sugar: 1.7 g
Sodium: 879 m
Double bacon cheeseburgers.
Toasted whole grain buns topped with mushrooms, bacon, and two veggie patties dripping with spicy cheese sauce made with bell peppers, cashews, nutritional yeast, and sriracha.